Saturday, August 1, 2009

When was the last time you stopped?

Its been ages since I've blogged. Its not that I've abandoned my own blog or been to busy; honestly I think about this little ol' blog quite often and finally decided that today is the day! LOL

Since I last posted a story (2/14/09), I passed oral and written examinations and have been ordained and installed as the Co-Pastor of our church. Its been an amazing six months or so, but the most important thing other than ministry I've done is making time to Stop and take notice of the Beauty that God has created all around us.

This picture is of a Hibiscus blossom, from a plant that my wife got from her Secretary a couple of years ago. And its been blooming off and on ever since. But its just been these last few months that I've stopped to take notice of how beautiful these blooms can be!

You know, there are many other equally beautiful and important things that God has placed in all of our lives; wives, husbands, children, family. Don't let the life that God's blessed you with pass you by. Do yourself a favor -- take time; no MAKE time to stop and enjoy the beauty that by His design, God has placed right in your life.

"Know that the LORD, he is God! It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name! For the LORD is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations." (Psalms 100:3-5)

No comments:

Post a Comment