Monday, January 26, 2009

Lost Camera Found!


Its amazing how the Bible speaks to us wherever we may be in our lives.

Some time ago, I was searching diligently for my first Digital Camera, an Olympus 765 UZ. It was a good little camera and it got me started in Digital photography and after coming home from one of our vacations, I was looking for it and it disappeared.

I had looked off and on for a good while and to no avail it never turned up. I asked the kids and no one had seen it. Being that I had moved on to the Nikon and now Olympus, I just accepted that the original Olympus was gone and had moved on. And since most of the pictures I had taken with the camera were saved on various flash drives, the sting of the lost Olympus was not as deep as it otherwise could have been.

However, yesterday while preparing to leave the house, I moved one of the bags in our closet to get a shirt and believe it or not, the Olympus rolled out! It along with the wife’s old Kodak had been stowaways in that bag, trying to flee one of the wife’s cleaning spirit frenzies! *LOL* Had I not been looking for something else, I don’t think I would have found those camera anytime soon. And just like the Bible says I was overjoyed with my find and wanted to share my joy with my friends:
“Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find it? And when she hath found it, she calleth her friends and her neighbours together, saying, Rejoice with me; for I have found the piece which I had lost. Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.” (Luke 15:8-10)

And while my search wasn’t as diligent as the woman in the verse above, my joy of discovering the long lost Olympus was just as exuberant. Indeed, this entire episode has given me new insights as to how the Bible can speak to use all the time; we just have to be listening! And to show you just how great a camera the Olympus was (and still is), note that the picture of the youngest (above) was taken with the Olympus 765UZ a few years ago!

Rejoice with me friend, for I have found the camera that was lost!!

No comments:

Post a Comment